Friday, January 7, 2011

Cream Cheese Banana Bread

There was a time when I detested banana bread.  I had eaten nothing but banana bread and muffins for breakfast that month and was just banana-ed out.  Those days have long gone and I am back to loving banana bread like crazy.  Lucky for me, we had about six bananas too many at our house and had to do something with them.  My mom, ever the Southern Living Cookbook collector, pulled out several of her books and flipped through the banana recipes.  Two of the recipes sounded very appealing: cream cheese banana bread and banana bread cobbler.  While the cobbler sounded amazing, it wasn't breakfast material, so I decided to make the cream cheese one.

Everything went smoothly with the recipe.  I made it by myself so it took a little longer than I'm sure it would've otherwise, but I put it in the oven, pleased.  Because I was still a little saddened from not having a moist/gooey oatmeal chocolate chip cake, I decided to underbake the bread by seven minutes.  Although it looked beautiful, it was way too dense inside and I was really disappointed, even though it tasted good.  Next time, I think I'll just stick with the recipe.  (Same as with the previous post, if you would like the recipe please comment and let me know.  Anyone is allowed to leave comments on here, whether you have a blog or not!)


No comments:

Post a Comment