Friday, January 7, 2011

Baked Explorations: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake

For Christmas this year, I got an amazing present from my grandparents, Baked Explorations.  It is an amazing baking book from the guys who own Baked in Brooklyn, NY.  As I was reading the book (yes, I LOVE reading cook books), I came across a recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cake in the breakfast section.  As a big lover of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, it immediately caught my eye.  Several days later I was in the mood to bake something, but couldn't figure out what to make.  After much deliberation, I decided to try a new recipe and made the cake. 

Because it's a "breakfast" cake, the recipe was very easy to follow and came together in no time.  When the cake was done baking and cooled, I frosted it with a cream cheese frosting (my fave) and cut into it.  While it tasted fantastic, I think next time I'll under bake it and maybe add some more chocolate chips.  Besides those minor details, I was super pleased with my new recipe and new book!  (If you would like the recipe for the cake, comment the page and let me know.  I'd definitely be willing to share the recipe!)



Photo taken by Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment