Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baked Explorations: Honey Corn Muffins

So I have a new obsession... and it's a book.  Not just any book though, it's Baked Explorations written by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito, the same book I used for the oatmeal chocolate chip cake.  Somehow, this book, written in the epitome of urban living, has been able to capture the true taste of southern eating, the corn muffin.

Having grown up in southern Mississippi, corn muffins, along with cornbread, have been a staple on my family's dinner table for as long as I can remember.  That said, I had never had a "from scratch" corn muffin before I made this recipe.  My family, like millions of others, has always relied on Jiffy to supply us with delicious yellow nuggets.  They're cheap, delicious, and oh so easy to make, so why mess with a sure thing.  I'll tell you why.  It's because homemade corn muffins blow Jiffy out of the water!  I never knew what corn muffins tasted like until I made these, and now I think I'm seriously addicted.  Lauren and I ate one (or more) of those heavenly treats everyday until they were gone, which probably should've taken us twice as long as it did.  But I don't care.  Those were the most tender, moist, melt-in-your mouth corn muffins that I've ever experienced... and I've eaten my fair share of muffins.  I've been without those muffins for two days, and I'm already having withdrawls.  So instead of continuing to write about how delicious and mind blowing they are, I think I'll just go make another batch instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment