Friday, December 31, 2010

Sonic's New Red Velvet Cheesecake Blast

So, for my first official food post I decided to post something as a nod to my blog name.  When I first decided to name my blog Cakes and Shakes, I was expecting to put a good number of cake related posts, but not so much about shakes.  Don't get me wrong, I love shakes, I just don't eat them very often.

With that said, let me introduce you to Sonic's newest addition to their blast lineup: red velvet cheesecake blast!  I hadn't seen any advertisements for it until my sister and I were driving past our local Sonic and saw it in big bold letters.  As a self-professed red velvet aficionado, I knew that I would have to try it.  Red velvet and cheesecake blended into ice cream, how could you go wrong?

Well the answer is, you can't.  If you're willing to splurge a bit, this shake is definitely worth it.  Although it doesn't taste exactly like red velvet cake, it's pretty much as close as you're going to get in a milkshake.  As for the cheesecake part of the blast, I was at first a little skeptical.  Sometimes I've found that "cheesecake pieces" taste fake, almost chemically, so I was worried that this would be the same way, but it wasn't.  The pieces added a nice texture to the super thick, spoon only shake (the best type in my opinion) and they tasted like actual cheesecake.  My only complaint would be that the regular sized blast is too large, I could've done with less of it as it's incredibly rich.  If you happen to pass by a Sonic sometime soon, the red velvet blast is definitely worth getting.  As if the picture isn't proof enough!!


1 comment: